rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

CFA with a poli sci degree?

CFA with a poli sci degree?

I'm probably a typical case of smart kid who didn't fully apply himself in school.

I got a poli-sci degree, because it was interesting to me, and now work in a non-profit making a meh salary.

I have several friends who went into finance, and have all commented to me that basically, they feel like I have the brain for finance, and could easily be doing it.

Does anyone here have experience taking the CFA and applying to jobs in finance without any previous experience in the field?

I have heard they look for serious indicators of interest, like being the president of some financial organization or managing a portfolio independently. I have done none of this. I basically have come to a point where I am unhappy with my current career, and figure, hell, I could be just as unhappy making substantially more money, so why not actually apply myself and get this done.

However, I would love some perspectives from someone who switched to finance from a non-finance background.

Thanks,
Sonso

Messages In This Thread