rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone read this book? :Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight

Has anyone read this book? :Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight

The whole point of wheat belly is twofold -

The premise is that genetically modified dwarf wheat has appetite inducing qualities in that two slices of bread will spike blood sugar just as bad as a couple of tablespoons of table sugar. Repeated large increases in blood sugar causes a myriad of health problems.

Avoid these health issues and cut out all wheat carbohydrates and (depending on how intolerant you are of grains in general), most grains and watch your weight drop.

You can basically accept that wheat = bad and skip to the "how do I implement this into my life" chapter and still get enough of the science to be convinced. I can't take a book seriously when it reiterates the point that wheat is bad about eight thousand times.

The only part of the book that really piqued my interest involved the section on pre 1950s America and how women simply did not exercise, nor were they fat. The explanation given for this is that the genetically modified dwarf wheat had not yet been invented, so the only people who were obese actually had gland issues. It's really interesting that wheat is unique in creating giant fatasses, considering that potatoes and similar starchy carbohydrates have been around forever.
This is compared to modern day where people exercise like dogs and still remain fat, even triathletes (some of whom are carrying an extra 20-30 pounds).

Messages In This Thread