rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Latinos/Hispanics: Something I don't understand...

Latinos/Hispanics: Something I don't understand...

Hispanics(in America at least) tend to be very ignorant about race from any hereditary perspective. Their definitions are very nebulous and tend to see "Latino/Hispanic" as being their "race". And that race in their eyes in non-white because they associate whites with being only English speaking Anglos and Nordics. IOW, to be white is to be a gringo. I know Hispanics that have skin as white as white Anglo and they still think of themselves as "people of color", whatever that means, just because they are from Mexico and speak Spanish. It seems to fly over their heads that Hispanic/Latino is not a race and is more a linguistic definition.

Part of the reason for this is the ideology of mestizaje, "we are all mestizos".

And to add to Basil's point, here is a picture of Rodolpho Acuna. He's the most prominent Chicano Studies professor in America:

[Image: 0.jpg]

Messages In This Thread