rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thedude cooks a steak

Thedude cooks a steak

That looks fucking perfect, nicely done. Some pretty non-traditional advice there, but I suspect it could be game changing.

Usually when I cook steak, I quite like either rubbing with chilli, black pepper, salt and garlic, or marinating in a barbecue, sweet chilli, soy and worcestershire sauce mix for a while when I cook steak. I'm interested in trying some other marinades, though, do you have any solid recommendations?

Someone recommended basting with butter at the end a while back, but I forgot about it and never tried it, but I'll definitely have to give it a go some time - though I do usually cook using butter in place of oil. (Always felt that it doesn't hold up at higher temperatures though, so I might have to look into investing in some quality oils - how much does a decent oil set you back?)

Never tried the rotissary style of cooking before either, so I'll give it a go next time I'm making myself a steak. Hopefully it turns out as nice as yours looks.

Just as a matter of interest, when you go to a butcher, which cut do you usually spring for?

Messages In This Thread