rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Asian Guy Travel Thread

The Asian Guy Travel Thread

As for cities I'd caution Asian guys or guys in general about, here goes:

Budapest, Hungary - Amazing city with endless things to see for cuisine, bars, parks, sights, and plenty of culture. You have the Buda side, which is more laidback with the astonishing Buda Palace and then the Pest side, which is more vibrant with just as much greenery really not to mention the best bath spas in the city. This is an amazing gem of a town that I'd recommend for your average tourist.

BUT....

I stayed 5 nights bc I got a steal of a rental apartment for 20 bucks a night yet struck out miserably. I'd say Hungary has some nice older people and some chill dudes but the scene is very pretentious new money. I've also heard bad things how they look down on gypsies exponentially moreso so definitely do not go if you are black or have the darker south Asian tone. I remember a lot of old dudes giving me high fives at bars, etc but just getting the worst bitch shields of all time in my 28 years of existence from women here whether it be day or night game. As great as the city was, it felt kinda lonely after awhile as I'd definitely recommend staying in a hostel here with other fun travelers instead of having your own apt/flat.

Budapest however has very many fashionable people, and it's a trendy breeding spot for European models lately as the EXTREME bitch shields further conveyed it. You'll see a lot of these chicks at cheesy bars charging cover, 10 dollar USD drinks, etc wearing oober expensive clothing while standing around glaring at other people instead of dancing. The rudest females I've met in the US have nothing on the stuck up women in Budapest. Lot of clubs around here have long exclusive lines and pretty much suck once you get in with overpriced drinks, an abundance of old divorced Hungarian dudes, and horrible songs like "Getting Jiggy Wit It."

Btw, even the younger chicks or women not part of the new money crowd can be very clique-ish too. Be aware.

I'd still recommend Budapest to your average traveler as it's amazing city. However stay in a hostel where you can meet other cool travelers as young professional new money folks here can be quite stiff. Oh the lack of a couchsurfing scene was the cherry on top in making me feel miserable here. Maybe Budapest is a place you'll do better in as a blonde guy rather than Asian, but 5 nights prevented me from spending extra time in Vienna or Bratislava...ERGH.

Mykonos, Greece - Ok I love Mykonos for different reasons than your average partygoer. Though it's hyped as a great place for singles looking to mingle, I'd highly advise against nightlife here as it was filled with kiddo pickpockets, full fledged date rape, really aggressive dudes, occasional fights that spread out into crowds, ABUNDANCE of ugly fat chicks desperate to get laid, top 40 US crap played at every venue, horrible 9 Euro drinks, and too many dangerous isolated alleys in the main concentration of gastronomic neighborhoods. It was a huge disappointment nightlife and night game wise. The quality of women Mykonos attracts is substantially less attractive and of totally inferior quality eager for a bang.

Locals are harder to penetrate as well as they can come off as very shielded at first due to the high amounts of disrespectful partygoers that come in and trash the place peak season. Went to the same gyro shop owned by a cool family that was closed off at first but then opened up. Got to meet the kids as they were telling me about their travel experiences in Asia as many business owners in area work their tails off peak season yet take time to travel the world during autumn, winter, and early spring. Interesting.

Beach parties during peak season can be off the hook at say Paradise Beach. It can be expensive, but it's terrific for day game and the high quality selection of house music is top notch in contrast to the top 40 US crap they play at the night clubs/bars. Bring a backpack and you can sneak your own beers, liquor, water while drinking on the beach area.

I do however recommend Mykonos for the natural scenery and the beaches off the beaten path. If you're incapable of riding a scooter, you can rent an ATV instead and tour the island faster without taking the bus (good for daygame though) for cheap if you negotiate well! It can be 20-30 Euro per day for the Scooters, but rent early in the morning and return late night the next night as you'll have two days to tour all the important crap while being charged one night only! Also, the best/cheapest grocery stores can only be accessed by car, scooter, and ATV as well. Psarou, Agio Sostis, and Panaroma beaches are must visits while in Mykonos as the road to those areas are as equally beautiful. Agio Sosits also possesses one of the best restaurants on the island with everything cooked on a stove in a no electricity facility adding tons of character.

The good news is I met a nice gal from Rio at my lodging facility, and this is the site of my first Brl flag amazingly. I'd stay at her apartment during my 2011 visit to Rio for free as well [Image: smile.gif]. Nightlife, women, and singles scene goes to Santorini all the way. Beaches, scooter journeys, and couples setting goes to Mykonos though.

Belgrade, Serbia - I've heard many a good things about Belgrade as I went the extra mile to book a rare Lufthansa flight from Munich to "Beograd." The women did not disappoint. I'd say they were a semi-trashier looking breed than Hungarian ones, but there were a higher abundance of them for sure. Maybe they would've preferred blondes over an Asian guy like myself because I didn't quite fair too well. These gals definitely preferred local guys over foreigners I'd say. Maybe it had something to do with a crazy 90's war over ethnic pride, which is highly ingrained into their love life preferences but I dunno.

Still, Belgrade women and locals were VERY cordial with me though. It's a very fun party city nevertheless, which is cheaper than Budapest with much more to offer in terms of nightlife/food. As an Asian, you'll get a lot of attention from guys wanting to help out, take pictures with you at bars, beg you to come visit Belgrade again, and buy you drinks. I had the time of my life here nevertheless and met some cute female leads as perhaps an excuse to visit Finland sometime in the future...esp this semi-chubby one who's my best chance at a Finnish flag. I'd still recommend Belgrade if you have the time and access points to it from say Budapest, Hungary via train but perhaps skip it if you have to overpay for a plane ticket. Just don't go in expecting to game local chicks whom are friendly, but not as open to foreign men like myself

Oh yeah, chicks from Serbia like dudes from Montenegro who have quite a bit of family money but the chicks from Montenegro are also manly and fat looking. True story.

Lodz, Poland - The NY Times listed Lodz, Poland being 2nd/3rd largest city in the country as a revitalization project worth an underrated visit for 2012. They have a point as this place possesses very unique architecture, cool neighborhoods, and dirt cheap prices to attract visitors. Locals in certain areas however are the antithesis of the multicultural atmospheres of say a Warsaw, Poznan, or Wroclaw though so I'd really caution Asians and darker skinned people about visiting. I was here to see a beautiful gal from my past as it was well worth it[Image: smile.gif]

Once you travel to different parts of Poland, you'll realize that Lodz and Lublin are the butts of every national joke as depressing, racist, and very poor. The girls here possess attractive genes but are nowhere near the level of Poznan, Warsaw, or Wroclaw. Some say they're ugly bc they're too poor and malnourished to eat & groom themselves well, lol. The only way I recommend Lodz is if you're visiting a girl or maybe a guy friend attending a university here. If she for whatever reason isn't attracted to you or vice versa, she'll likely introduce you to her flock of female friends who will more than likely be DTF an Asian dude from Asia, Australia, Canada, United States, or anywhere from outside of Europe. That's what happened to me but I just stuck to the gal I stayed with. Maybe I have an excuse to visit Lodz again to capitalize on her friends..lol.

Two characteristics Roosh pointed out about Poland stand to be very true here in Lodz:

1) Chicks here have to have boyfriends or be married by mid-late 20's. - Yeah this is very true here. Not really the place you want to be as a young professional. Antithesis of a Wroclaw or Warsaw. If you meet a cool gal originally from Lodz that's relocated in any other big city, chances are she's of extremely high quality, independent, and resentful of her social spheres in Lodz. She'll also likely be more DTF with a foreigner, and in my case well I didn't have enough time to capitalize as I was catching a train to Warsaw from Poznan shortly after the encounter.

2) Polish dudes are busted up unfashionable looking weirdos - Yeah this is very true here as well esp since this is one of the poorest cities in the country. Thing is, the local chicks here dig that type of look being thugged out and busted white dude.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading the insight my Asian brethren as I'll post more about middle of the road destinations worth a look..when time is right.

Messages In This Thread