rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Romania?

Romania?

What's up guys? I've been a casual observer of this forum for some time and just came back from Romania and wanted to report on my experiences.

Little background. I'm 36, divorced, and living the single man's mid-30ish life in suburban America. Back in my heyday, I used to be a Marine on Embassy Duty, trotting the globe and getting my fair share of women. When I got married I had settled into that lifestyle pretty well because that's what I wanted. But divorce happens. And then I found myself single and pretty much on my own. After 3 years of plodding along, I wanted to rekindle some of my younger man's energy and zeal...so I decided to take the plunge and go to Romania solo. Now, I will be upfront and say that I am not a guy who goes around plowing chicks and trying for conquests…if that’s your thing, I’m on a different path in life so to each his own.

First 2 days in country were rough...didn't meet a whole lot English-speaking Romanians...that is, ones who could carry on a conversation. However, on my 3rd day I chose to stop in a hookah spot in the Old City of Bucharest. To my delight, I came across two attractive girls sipping espresso and smoking hookah. You realize pretty quickly that if you are going to a country solo, you have to have some balls and approach girls or you won't get shit accomplished. So after some exchanges of eyes, darting this way and that, I decided to ask them if they spoke English. This simple line was the one that I used all of the time afterwards and it is easy and effective. One of the girls spoke English, the other didn't. I sat and talked to the one girl for about 3 hours and her friend encouraged her to go out with me that evening. So we ended up meeting later on...she picked me up at the flat I was renting and we went to this club called Chaboo...which was absolutely awesome...there wasn't one chick in there less than a 7...but the girl I was with was definitely a looker so I didn't stray. Anyway, we stayed until about 4 am and she dropped me off. We ended up getting together the next day for lunch and spent the whole afternoon hanging out. No sex but what I really enjoyed was her warmth and friendliness...she was a beautiful girl but what she gave me in hospitality and friendliness for an entire two days was more than nearly all American women are able to conjure up in their lifetime.

The following day I went to Sighisoara which is about a 5 hour train ride from Bucharest. A much smaller town but there is about 32,000 people and from what I was told by some guys I met there, women outnumber men…not sure why but I’ll take their word for it. Anyhow, I stayed at the Korona Hotel, which was a very cheap and excellent accommodation. The girls that worked at the Hotel were all very attractive, probably by design on the part of management. I would talk with all of them when I came to the hotel and they would spend time telling me about their lives in Romania and what their dreams were, etc. If I had really been looking to nail these girls, the fact of being a foreigner with an interest in their culture paid huge dividends with them. All I needed to really do was push the envelope and ask them to be my tour guide and they would gladly accept.

My final two days in Bucharest I ended up meeting a woman who worked for the property management company responsible for the flat I rented. She came to the flat to take my payment and we ended up hitting it off really well. I asked her out for dinner and she agreed. But first we took at walk through Herăstrău Park and talked for a couple of hours. Later we ended up again in the Old City at a nice Italian Restaurant and continued our conversation. As the evening winded down, sensing that she was really into me, I asked her back to my place but she objected…instead we went back to hers. I don’t kiss and tell but we had a great evening.

I’ll be the first you tell you that Romania is a poor country…it lacks the cleanliness and efficiency that America possesses. But the people were really awesome. I am surprised when I read other posts about the negative experiences other travelers had there. I realized two things about traveling solo in Romania: 1) you need to have an open mind about the country if you are to see it; 2) you have to have a positive attitude and not let a few people (gypsies, cab drivers who rip you off, or a few people who show indifference to you) alter your perception of your experience. Traveling solo requires some guts and a strong constitution…if you have neither, neither Romania nor any other place will seem good to you. The bottom line is that I wanted to visit Romania and I wasn’t disappointed. There were countless opportunities to talk and engage very pretty and fun girls there. Romanian girls seem stand-offish at first but they are such lovely women once they feel comfortable with you. I’m hooked.

Messages In This Thread