rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Asian Guy Travel Thread

The Asian Guy Travel Thread

Came back from SA this year

Went through 3 places: peru, bolivia, argentina.

I'm Asian 6' 185lbs athletic.

Peru. In general I found people staring at me as I was walking down the street. Sometimes it would be blatant and sometimes you'd catch them glancing just as they were passing. Went to a gringo hookup club (help) in Lima and Gotica the posh nightclub in downtown Lima. I was 1/10 at help in opening. the only girl that would entertain a conversation was a peruvian japanese girl who was fairly plain. I saw two tall blonde guys leaving the establishment with girls at the end of the night.

Gotica... man. By far the hottest girls I've ever seen packed into an establishment. $50 USD cover which we managed to bypass. To understand Gotica, you have to understand Peru. 97% of the people I saw in Peru were aboriginals. However, all the billboards, ads, etc.. have white people on them. The upper crust of Peru is basically white people and those are the people that frequent Gotica paying that crazy cover. They could care a flying fuck about foreigners and they know that guys just come down to look to sex. Thus, every girl I tried talking to just simply turned away as soon as I opened my mouth. The only receptive one was a darker aboriginal girl who just wanted my money. You want to hunt down the darker girls with broken english. If they're perfectly fluent, generally I found that they have pedigreed upbringing and aren't interested in foreign losers. The odd thing was I saw couple of local asian guys there with hot girls.

Cuzco. I just visited the gringo bars near the main square. If you like average or subpar girls by all means it's doable. Some of them were receptive.

Peru conclusion: Status is king. Being asian doesn't really seem to help or hurt as the foreigner thing overrides it. If you're a tall white guy it definitely helps. You could probably do well with the local aboriginals but that mostly has to do with being a foreigner rather than race. You need to be ingrained in the local scene (not passing through) in order to snag an upper class girl.

Bolivia. Just briefly passed through just to see the salt flats

Argentina. Went through Salta, Cordoba, Rosario, and BA.

It seems the whole country is sexually conservative. Guys I've met who have spent a long time there find it's harder to hookup than the US. That being said Cordoba has by far the hottest concentration of girls I've seen in one area. I went out with 6'+ blond white guys frequently and they would definitely get more attention than me. Some of these guys had zero conversational skills but they still managed to pull avg or subavg girls as occasionally a girl would attack them which is unusual in Argentina. One night that we did end up at a girl's place a girl who made a slant eye face at me earlier wanted to make out.

Argentina Conclusion: Argentina is complicated but undoubtedly subtly racist and I think being asian takes you down a notch. All the locals in every country during my whole trip kept mentioning that Argentines look down upon the whole continent and it's true. A korean-argentine friend who grew up in BA confirms the subtle racism. Then of course you tell them their country is a shittier version of europe to take them down a peg and it leaves them confused. If you're looking for the sex go somewhere else.

However... The argentines (not in BA) have to be some of the most warmest and generous people around. We'd frequently end up at random parties at night just because people were being friendly. Random people would want to strike up conversations and buy you beer. Way more friendly than anywhere in the US. The racism definitely isn't overt from the perspective of rich country backpacker.

The weird thing about the whole damn trip was that the most success I had was with the european hostel girls which makes me curious about europe in general. I think the trick is visiting places where they don't have a strong stereotype.

I also think that white guys should be thankful of quirks of history. Specifically colonialism for putting them in high status all across the world =).

Messages In This Thread