rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Personal Journey to Becoming a Moderate Social Drinker

My Personal Journey to Becoming a Moderate Social Drinker

Quote: (10-29-2012 11:54 PM)Technics Wrote:  

Beyond Borders,

Personally I subscribe to the theory that really tasting your drink slows you down big time. Times I ever drink 7-8+ drinks, I'm not even tasting, I'm just downing them automatically.

If you do this, you might discover you actually hate what you've been drinking for years. If so, switch to something that tastes good...no matter if its a girl drink. Good luck.

Good idea. I definitely find I drink red wine slower. I also tend to drink scotch on the rocks pretty slow - mostly because it's so strong.

Quote: (10-30-2012 01:16 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

Good luck!

Thanks!

Quote: (10-30-2012 03:18 AM)tiggaling Wrote:  

I'd talk to a third person "counselor/psychologist" about your issues with violence. Just talk about it.

These sorts of issues have their roots somewhere, not just in alcohol. It's too easy to put the blame there - I think. If you don't deal with the cause of this, it could creep up on you over the course of your lifetime and really cause you much more trouble than just a broken hand.

Thanks for sharing.

You're absolutely right. I did go to therapy in high school because I was basically going to be expelled if I didn't, and a couple quick sessions set me straight for a very long time.

I'm well aware of the deeper issues behind my behavior and looking at my past there's quite a bit of reason for it be there. But when I'm sober I'm fully in control of it and a very collected and positive person. When I'm drinking and get to that point where I'm not fully using my frontal lobe, that's when it rears it's ugly head again.

But you're right. In a lot of ways the violence is probably still there under the surface but is just far more easily provoked when I'm under the influence. I guess it's so hard to bring it out of me when sober that I pretend it's not there.

I've definitely considered doing therapy and I think I'll look into it more to see what the options are - if nothing else, I know there is a lot of stuff I need to sort out from my past that still holds a bit of a grip on me even if I choose to sweep it under the rug. And I'm sure having someone to talk to regularly would help keep me on track with my goals for myself.

Thanks for the advice.

Quote: (10-30-2012 03:22 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Good luck, though I'm curious now about your online business.

Believe it or not, it's mostly just online writing, Roosh. I wrote a thread on here about it before.

Quote: (10-30-2012 03:33 AM)Tengen Wrote:  

Good company helps too. If you're hanging around people you want to beat half to death, maybe it's time to think about how you pick your venues, or your friends. Chill out and game bitches over a nice glass of red.

Definitely. I mentioned this above. A big part of my gameplan is to be more conscious of the people and situations I put myself around. that'll mean wine and jazz bars - and checking in before the late night hours when the freaks come out or the late night drunks turn into dipshits (including myself, I suppose).

I'm a big fan of wine, especially reds, and use to drink it pretty much exclusively. Haven't done that much since the move overseas and I'm ready to get back to it.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread