rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much do you spend a month on alcohol?

How much do you spend a month on alcohol?

Yes somewhere in your age bracket mentioned

If you make $7K after taxes spending $600-1,000 on booze is nothing (spend close to 4K an save $7K). I recently retired from night game thoug so that's down to $300 a month.

Car and car insurance = none because I live in a major city
Student loans = 0 full ride scholarship
Haircuts = $10 because I know the style an just get cheap ones
Cable = none I only have the Internet (tethered on my phone which is...) Phone = free work pays
Doctor = work
Vacation = flights free on points, $1,500-2,500 per 8 day vacation

Bottle service = for guys with no game, I buy a bottle once a year for my birthday that's it, I pay and it's for my friends. Models and bottles are for guys who don't get laid.

I spend money on booze to get connected, a bottle gets you nothing, rubbing elbows at high end venues and getting a business card is priceless.

End of the day the mindset is "spend to make" not "squeeze to save". I'd rather drop $10 shit $100 a drink to have an opportunity to meet a real connection instead of $300 for a bottle of goose with a bunh of guys. That's just me though.

Success is never what you know, it's who. So you spend your time and money... Getting connected.

Quote: (08-14-2012 12:54 PM)reaper23 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-14-2012 08:24 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

As soon as you clear $150K or so a year. $1000 on partying is nothing.

$7,500 a month in a real city

$1,500-2000 rent
$800 food
$1000 Booze
$1000 Internet miscellaneous etc

Still save 33%. It's doable, generally high paying jobs cause stress and spending.

The trick is to always put that 33% away.

Life is relative, none of my good friends make less than low six figures. If I don't chip in on a $500 tab I'd be a mooch. Also when you're at that level people don't "keep track of rounds" because no one cares anymore. Going out to party at the high end is to get more connected. Not penny pinch. That doesn't help make the right kind of friends.

right, the kind of friends you are making are guys that spend $1000 a month on booze.

how old are you?

spending 13% of your take home income on alcohol is not a sound plan.

in your "miscellaneous" budget there what did you have for the following:

Gym
Doctor
Health Insurance Expenses
Car
Car Insurance
Parking
Vacation Saving
Furniture Expenses
Haircuts
Clothes - Casual
Clothes - Professional
Cable
Cell Phone
Internet
Misc purchases
Student Loans
Life Insurance?

I just wonder if you're a) really spending that little on the "MISC" and b) saving as much as you claim.

either way, I don't think any of the guys on here advocating for getting your financial house in order would suggest spending 13% of your income on booze.

Seems insane.

If its all about expanding your network, why not join a local men's club where the real players hang out and make friends there? Or at professional associations where the booze is free?

Are you in your mid 20's?

Messages In This Thread