rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Albany, New York Data Sheet

Albany, New York Data Sheet

After living in the Capital Region for about 4 years, I thought I might throw in a data sheet:

General:
The “Capital Region” refers to all of Albany, Schenectady and Troy, plus everything in between. To begin with, Troy is a shitty post-industrial town. Ignore it, the only point of interest are Renssalaer Polytechnic Institute/ RPI (75% guys, 20% fatties & nerds). Schenectady’ only real industry is General Electric, but you have Union College there. Lots of liberal arts types over there, so if hipster girls are your thing, see it.
Stick to Albany, where you have the University at Albany, the College of St Rose, and Siena College all close by.
The best places to stay are at some of the motels in the area (Best Western, Hilton Garden Inn).

Nightlife:
There are two main areas for nightlife: the “Student Ghetto” and Pearl Street. The Student Ghetto is basically full of house parties and student bars (18-22 years old). Also full of Long Island people, wannabe guidos and guidettes, douche bags, and roid monkeys, all in the same age range. In general once people turn 21 and over they head downtown to Pearl St. If you know people in the party frats they will hook you up with some good parties in the ghetto. Some bars include Bogie’s and the Partridge Pub. However, Washington Tavern is a diamond in the rough, slightly better than the rest of the neighborhood.

However, after the incident last year these idiots created the police started cracking down:
Kegs and Eggs

Pearl St. got the best the region has to offer. Here you can find Envy Lounge, Blue, Jillian’s, amongst other venues. There isn’t much beyond this street.

Day Game:
Definitely hit up the Tulip festival, usually held during the first week of May. Fly chicks that live in the area will be around, music food and events everywhere, particularly around downtown and Washington Park. Usually in groups of 3+, with friends, male friends, bfs, etc.
Other than that, def. try the UAlbany campus, particularly if there is an event going on (concert on campus). Crossgates Mall and Colonie Center Mall are also options if you’re up for that.
(Personally, I’ve seen many better malls in other countries).

Girls:
Generic east coast girls with east-coast mentality and wannabe guidettes. Uggs, hoodies, fake blond and tan, iphone addicts, and annoying long island accents. UAlbany and St. Rose students are the sluttiest of the colleges in the area. Union is hit or miss, don’t bother with RPI.

Logistics:
Students have $3 taxi rides, but everyone else usually pays $10 from downtown to the outskirts of Albany. Bring your own car.

P.S> I'm a rookie to the forum, so I'd appreciate any input from the veterans if I'm doing something wrong.

Messages In This Thread