rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I take Salsa lessons?

Should I take Salsa lessons?

Quote: (09-27-2012 08:29 PM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

I don't know how to dance properly, as I never looked at dancing as a manly thing. However, not knowing to dance has cost me a lot of women, and I am finally eager to take some dance lessons, but is it really worth it? The 10-week Salsa classes are about $200 at City Academy.

Not knowing how to dance has cost you women where.. in what kind of place?

Learning salsa is useful for dancing salsa. If the places you actually go out play top 40, hip hop or electronic music, salsa isn't going to change much.

10 lessons and no practice will put you at late stage beginner. You'll know the rhythm for salsa and merengue, the basic step and a few moves. But don't forget, the guys that are really good took years and years to get that way.

What you will get from it is:
a) get out of your comfort zone, conquer your apprehension and find out you enjoyed doing it
b) loosen you up and move your hips more
c) be able to dance one song at a Latin themed place. If you want to dance a second song, you'll be doing it with the exact same moves as the first song.

To really dominate at a salsa place, it's more than being a good dancer. You need to understand Spanish language. The reason you need language is because you also need to be familiar with thousands of salsa songs, and understand the feeling behind each song.

Messages In This Thread