rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Date Lab sets girl up with a blind dude

Date Lab sets girl up with a blind dude

Quote: (09-01-2012 11:38 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

She's pretty cute, one of the cuter Date Lab girls so far.

God I fucking hate the Post not allowing you to see the article a second time.

I skimmed the article, but I didn't see this girl do anything especially objectionable. She seemed pretty well mannered and pleasant.

While I disagree that she was one of the cuter girls, I do agree that it seems like she was decent about it. She said...

Quote:Quote:

I noticed that he had a very self-deprecating sense of humor. Which is great: You’re not taking yourself too seriously, but it was a little bit over-the-top almost. Like at one point, I asked him if he had a housemate, and he said, “Well, I do have this 91 / 2-year-old cat, and she’s my longest female relationship.” I don’t know if I would say that on a blind date. And not just because I’m not really into cats.

Which I find to be fantastically spot on. The guy's half-blind and it's good to have a bit of humour about that, but if he is too hard on himself then it comes across as awkward and maybe just a little bit of a pity party thrown in there too.

There's also something else that stood out for me too. He said...

Quote:Quote:

When the waiter came over, I was like, “Well, I’m going to be one of those crazy vegetarians here,” and she was like, “Oh, I’m a vegetarian, too.” [It surprised me] how many things we did have in common. I’ve never met someone who’s a vegetarian biker, runner and ultimate Frisbee player and who does yoga. Which, with my hippie tendencies, would seem like somebody I would always come across. Usually I might get one of those characteristics, but a compendium of all of them was very nice.

Looking back on the previous Date Lab and also at similar situations, something is occurring to me...

Nowadays it seems like men, more than women, care about what they 'have in common' with a potential partner. But they don't realise that it's all bollocks; pick out any girl in the universe and I can probably string some tenuous connections with her because we might both like fish, or Southern Comfort, or have the same star sign - even though deep down we could be very incompatible.

I have pretty much nothing in common with the girl I'm dating at the moment, but we've been seeing each other for months and our way of thinking (in regards to social issues) and humour is similar. Guys think that if they can reel off 'things in common' with the girl then they have some sort of connection with them, but at the end of the day it comes down to your own Game and chemistry with the girl above everything else.

The sad thing is, the girls seem to realise this. Note how she doesn't talk about having anything in common with him at all, but rather focuses on his general character.

Messages In This Thread