rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Health and Fitness as Travel

Health and Fitness as Travel

I feel like a lot of people believe that one must trade fitness and health for travel. I disagree. In terms of the conventional 15 day crammed vacation in Europe, yes, it is impossible. However, since more of us are long term travelers, it is entirely possible to design our travels for fitness.

As many of you know, in June I did a muay thai camp for one month in Phuket.

It turns out that I am going to have a location independent job after I finish this Seoul job in December. Since I will be based in SE Asia, it will be entirely possible to finally break that barrier and reach superhuman fitness (or at least see my abs).

I'll be spending most of my time between various East Asian cities (mostly SE Asian). In each of these cities I will have an intense physical exercise that I will be consistently doing, combined with hiring a full time maid/cook to keep my place clean and cooking me bodybuilding-type meals at very specific times.

Thailand: I will live in the muay thai camps, which will also save me money. When you are doing muay thai full time, you arguably do not have to be too careful about your diet - I was drinking all the time and was still losing fat like crazy.

Cambodia: I'll do the Cambodian equivalent of muay thai, pradal serey.

Philippines/Singapore: Bikram Yoga, to heal all of my muay thai wounds and detox my body of all the crap/pollution I've ingested in Asia

Vietnam/Hong Kong: good ol' running and weight lifting

By watching my diet and continuously mixing up the types of activities I do, I will stay in shape.

My typical day could look like this:

7: Wake up, L Carnitine and Green Tea
7-9: Muay Thai training on an empty stomach
9: Meal 1 and nap
10-1 Work
1-1:30 Meal 2
1:30-3 Work
-Pre training energy supplement and L Carnitine
3-5: Muay Thai session 2
5-6: Nap
6: Meal 3
7-10 Work
10: Meal 4 (protein shake) and bed by 11

I personally work better in 2-3 hour spurts throughout the day, with periodic naps. Given the work I will do, I can outsource a large part of it to virtual assistants and then personally take care of the rest.

Here are some other ideas of ways to combine travel with health and fitness:

Australia/Indonesia/Hawaii/South Africa: Surfing
India/Thailand: Yoga Retreat
Russia: Sambo
Israel: Krav Maga
Brazil: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or Capoeira
China: Kung Fu in the Yantai mountains, UNESCO heritage site
Mexico: Run/Jump/Swim across the border and back

Feel free to add other suggestions for health and fitness focused traveling.

Messages In This Thread