rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Never fall in love with leftovers.

Never fall in love with leftovers.

Quote: (01-07-2012 12:26 AM)The_CEO Wrote:  

Quote: (01-06-2012 10:54 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Quote: (01-06-2012 07:18 PM)The_CEO Wrote:  

I met a woman like this who was extremely attractive, i think she was histrionic, not BPD, which is similar. She pulled the same sh-t, and if you're not equipped to deal with it you're done

I just looked up HPD, and I'm shocked that its not more common. As i read the symptoms, a number of very popular TV characters/personalities came to mind. This society glorifies HPD-like behavior.

Kim Kardashian is one obvious example, as are Paris Hilton and most popular female reality show stars. Shows like Gossip Girl feature HPDish female characters as main characters.

With influences like this, its no wonder we run across so many of these disorders. That type of behavior is integrated into our culture.

That's true. After my experience i read up on it and it turns out that many women that have it are very attractive. These disorders tend to be very difficult (impossible) to treat and BDPs and histrionics will often manipulate the psychiatrist/psychologist. in some ways they are like psychopaths but are not physically violent.

No (psychiatric) disorder is inherently impossible to treat, it all depends on how whether the mental health profession has developed effective protocols for it…BPD used to considered untreatable (old joke: How do you treat someone with BPD? You give them a referral.) but this is no longer the case, something called DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) was developed specifically for it and has shown quite a bit of success.

Plus, if a treatment provider is specially trained in a diagnosis containing elements of drama, manipulation and so on, (in theory) they will be well-equipped to recognize, interpret and respond appropriately to attempts at manipulating them; a good therapist isn't just a warm and fuzzy layperson with a lot of patience who sits there and nods while hoping for the best.

Messages In This Thread