rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

MEXICO!

MEXICO!

I've never been to any of the cities that you've mentioned, but I know a lot of people that have, so I can relay what I've heard. Tijuana sound pretty sketch, and kind of like a depressing place, it's pretty poor (ghetto), the cops are all corrupt, and there are a lot of street gangs/bad neighborhoods. A lot of people go to TJ from SoCal to live out a lot of vices that might be more easily had or at least cheaper south of the border, lot's of coke and prescription drugs, cheap booze, prostitutes, and perverse sex shows (donkey?). I think TJ is probably pretty shady/sketchy, but if you have street smarts and stay out of the wrong areas, you'll most likely be okay.

Tecate and Mexicali I've heard less about, but it sounds like they are just bland mid-sized industrial cities, without much interesting to see or do, unless you like shitty light beer, they brew "Tecate" beer in Tecate. I will say I have heard that there is quite good food in Mexicali, and I am a big fan of Mexican food. Ensenada sounds like a pretty chill town, it sounds like there's a chill vibe, friendly locals, great cheap seafood, some bars for nightlife. The areas around Ensenada sound pretty nice, and I think there might be some decent surf spots not too far away. Most people go there to take it easy, see a little nature, eat cheap good Mexican seafood, and do some drinking/partying.

I hear there are some pretty sweet nature spots in S. Baja, like Mulege and Conception on the Sea of Cortez. La Paz and Todos Santos sound pretty cool, and ofcourse there is Cabo San Lucas which sounds like a destination for Americans and some Europeans, to party, chill on the beach, and sport fish. I might do Cabo in the next few months just to get away, have beach time, snorkel, drink, eat lobster/fish tacos, and hopefully bang some cougars from SoCal.

I think Baja California is pretty chill, as long as you kind of avoid TJ, and try not to deal with shady drug dealers/prostitutes/gang bangers and cops. Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas, Todos Santos, are basically set up for American tourists, and full of expats so they sound very safe.

Messages In This Thread