rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No Excuses Workout Routine For ExctoMorphs

No Excuses Workout Routine For ExctoMorphs

Quote: (07-01-2012 01:03 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2012 12:40 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Have you looked into doing gymnastic-type ring work?
I would definitely go for it more because it's so damn effective but I'm roughly 210 pounds and not very strong in the upper body yet. However,your build is completely suited to it since you're ~160 pounds. I bet you would be able to do freestanding handstand pushups and piles of ring dips inside of a month.

Strictly from doing bodyweight calisthenics and deadlifts my waist is 34" and my chest is almost 48". In a medium shirt I look like a bear.

Based on your build i am guessing you're on the taller side. I would give dumb bells a try for sure.

"What gets your car cleaner a hand wash or a drive through?" Answer is obviously rough and tumble, hand wash ie: dumb bells.

Gymnastics is okay, i am not very flexible so i force myself to do streching/yoga. I can easily do hand stand pushups, thats a joke. I can rep out 25+ pull ups, wide grip. The workout i gave out is for the look you see in the photo, more of a "fight club" look and not a "worlds strongest man look". Generally, guys who want to look bigger than myself and go for the huge look are trying to pull in girls who are bigger chested/bigger ass etc. (obviously a generalization).

Shared the workout because i've finally reached the point where people move out of my way when i am at the beach, ask permission to move me around in the gym and at the same time my resting heart rate is sub 50. The fitness from the original is definitely not for everyone but if you like the "look" i have then the post will get you shredded in no time.

Read that you gained 40 pounds of lean muscle mass in roughly 3 years. I completely agree with this statement. I don't know how Christian Bale does it, but I've found that as a hard gainer, I don't generally put on more than 1 to 2 pounds of lean muscle per month. Gaining muscle slowly is OK, it just separates the dedicated from the couch potatoes.
The kind of people who seriously believe programs like "The 4 Hour Body" generally don't have realistic goals anyway. "Starting Strength" is an exception to the rule of building mass.

Messages In This Thread