rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How have you guys got all your accounts set up online

How have you guys got all your accounts set up online

A general question - how have you guys got all your different accounts set up online?

The reason I ask is because I essentially just want to have:

- one main email account registered with all the most important things I do i.e. work, retirement fund, tax, bills etc.

- one separate email not linked to the above gmail account (as far as I can see - gmail doesn't let you create different burner accounts - they make you create all new emails under your same account, which is very big brotherish) for social media and everything else. I want it to be on a separate account to the current account I have with Google

- I'm also going to deactivate my current Facebook profile and make a new one ... I've had my current account since it first started, and it feels like Facebook just has too much data on me with that account + I've got just too much crap on that account. I want to start with a fresh one (I only use Facebook right now to keep in contact with some friends and for work purposes anyway)

The reasons I'm doing this are that all my most important friends and family know my personal number, and I'll tell the most important ones my personal email and how to contact me via social media
I really just want there to be as little footprint online as possible unless it's for necessary things. I also want to protect my privacy a little better in the future with a setup like above

I will be signing up for a protonmail next week, but can you use that for social media, or do Youtube, Facebook, twitter, Instagram etc only allow gmail accounts on their sign ups? Is there a way you can easily create a burner type new gmail whole account if that's the case?

Looking for the best way to do this multi layered approach - any advice would be appreciated.

Messages In This Thread