rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Andrew Yang thread

The Andrew Yang thread

Great post Vincent, I agree with it for the most part.

Entrepreneurship is a great way to avoid being made redundant, but I think you'd agree most people don't have this mindset.

The crux of the whole UBI argument comes down to this:
Quote:Quote:

There will always be blue collar and so-called menial jobs available, but they will be more sophisticated than the menial jobs of the past is all.
I would argue that these 'sophisticated' menial jobs will be moved out of immediate reach for those same workers, at least without significant retraining. I agree that some, if not most, will learn from necessity, but the time spent retraining is time without income. 40% of Americans have less than $1000 in savings.

Do you have any employees besides the coders? Cleaning staff, delivery drivers, receptionists? Do you honestly think that they could be trained to higher positions within your company?

As hardworking as they may be, I simply don't think they'll be able to cope with this retraining. Not without significant growing pains.

Messages In This Thread