rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cyprus

Cyprus

Quote: (04-25-2019 12:32 AM)the.king Wrote:  

Are you talking about native English speakers ?

There are no significant numbers of Americans, Canadians, or Australians/New Zealanders. There is a MASSIVE community of British people but the vast majority of them are retired. They mainly live in Paphos, and in the areas around the 2 British military bases (lots of military and their families live in Cyprus as well, most of them on 3 year deployment contracts etc).

To be honest I can't think of a country where English is not the first language and there is a significant community of young native English speakers.

If you are asking about non-Greek speakers in general, then yes there is a massive number of international people (lots of eastern Europeans/Russians) who communicate in English, a lot of them in the 23-38 age bracket who are working in Cyprus.

This link is EU migration statistics - if you see page 10 you'll see Cyprus has the highest percentage of a non-native population living there across EU (excluding the microstate of Luxemburg). Most of these people communicate in English - especially in the coastal cities there are large numbers of people who don't understand Greek.

From a game perspective, the international talent in Cyprus is good in my opinion. If you live here and you complain about lack of pussy you are just making excuses IMHO.

Yeah, to be clear, by "English speaking expat community" I didn't mean Russians speaking English to French people as a shared language, or other such nationalities. It usually refers to Commonwealth and US/Ireland expats. There are lots of big expat hubs around the world with huge communities of such young people, where there's a big, highly active social scene - Singapore, Dubai, Hong Kong etc.

Cyprus has a financial jobs market developing so its competing with these (and other) expat hubs for a similar talent pool. In my own case I chose a big expat city over it mostly for the social reasons (sports/dating/friendship).

The family/retiree communities in places like the Costa del Sol (or Cyprus apparently) are very...different in both demographics and lifestyle.

Messages In This Thread