rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Weight training with Jeff Cavaliere

Weight training with Jeff Cavaliere

All right, fellow gym rats, listen up! It's been a while since I posted anything relevant to the thread but I finally attended gym "class" this morning and I got one word for it... BRUTAL.

I lifted for less than an hour and when I was finally done the fatigue hit me like a 20-foot wave. I nearly passed out from my lightweight regimen, granted, I have been out for some time, lost considerable muscle mass during that time and did a full body workout. I was on-the-brink of spilling my guts onto the gym floor on the way out, and I am glad I did not. Didn't want the hot babe who was eyeballing me from afar to think I couldn't handle a few barbell chest presses.

But enough about my disappointment. Here is today's full-body regimen:

8 a.m. -

10 minute warm-up on the treadmill: Speed 3 mph; incline set to 5 (Life Fitness machine)

5 minute warm-up stretch: various stretches; mostly jiu-jitsu oriented.

I always begin my full-body lifts with chest:

Dumbell Chest presses: 4 sets of 8-12 reps; incremental (5lb.) weight increases starting with 35 lbs- End at 50 lbs. with 45 sec. rest between sets.

Straight-Leg Deadlift: 4 sets of 5-8 reps; incremental (10 lb.) weight increases starting with 25 lbs- End at 45 lbs. with 45 sec. rest between sets.

Pull-up bar *Body weight*: 4 sets of 5-8 reps; 35 sec. rest between sets.

Seated-Incline chest press: 4 sets of 5-8 reps; incremental (10 lb.) weight increases starting with 25 lbs- End at 45 lbs. 45 sec. rest between sets.

Leg press *machine*: 4 sets of 6-10 reps; Starting weight 70 lbs- End at 170 lbs. [i]35 sec. rest[/] between sets.

Well, there you have it. All of that nearly caused me to lose my eggos.

Today's video by Jeff is another stunner! Focusing on chest and I have to say this is, by far, one of the best chest regimens I found. Jeff also has Oakland Raider's Antonio Brown featured in this video. Enjoy!

"How does one get off this thing?." ~ Marcus Brody

Fitness Thread: thread-69404.html

Messages In This Thread