rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you deal with depression and isolation?

How do you deal with depression and isolation?

Quote: (04-24-2019 02:57 PM)Phanes Wrote:  

@gework

That's a good attitude.

People that are depressed may have a lower amount of dopamine which controls motivation. If you have a low enough amount of dopamine you just can't get up.

I have depression and I am spending 12-13 hours in bed per day. Which of course makes me even more depressed. I managed to go about three weeks with 8 hours per day until I had an argument with a friend and now I sled deeper into depression.

I live on savings and I am self-studying software development in a library. I got to bed at 11:30 pm and have an alarm app that goes off at 7:30 that forces me to go outside and scan a barcode to make it stop. This works great for getting me out of bed. But then I feel so bad I just want to return to bed again, and I do. I just want the bad feelings to go away. I am supposed to get up, make the bed, splash my face with water, drink some water, make and have breakfast, write a positive journal (to change my feelings to the better in the morning) and write down the agenda for the day. I do all these things except after going to bed again.

What can I do guys? Tonight I am trying advice from a ROK article by Roosh to visualize yourself getting up except I am visualising myself getting up, doing my routine and going to the library without going back to bed again.

Phanes I know you probably heard it before but I can tell you from experience self improvement goes a long way towards helping depression.

Start with the basics:

Sleeping Well
Eating healthier
Exercising

You should stick to a routine where you try to accomplish something small everyday. When I was at my worst I just tried to do the basic stuff like cleaning my room, doing laundry,etc. That at least made me feel like my entire day didn't go to waste.

Also working on how you look can do wonders since you have something to look forward everyday and naturally feel better when you look at yourself in the mirror (Get a haircut, get on a skin care routine if you need one, buy some better clothes,etc).

The problem you have right now is perhaps too much free time, find something to commit to that takes 5-6 hours of your day at least.

Messages In This Thread