rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

Quote: (04-21-2019 02:21 PM)Parzival Wrote:  

Yesterday I had my first official kickboxing fight. I lost it. Edit: I'm the one in black!

Was all in all an amazing experience, at the end of the preparation training I was so worn out, nothing worked for my any more. Then I had about 10 days no training to full recover and feel incredible fit. Also learn a lot what I have to improve from the fight.

This was a smaller tournament so not in every class had be enough fighters, this lead to some mess up for me as well. I was waiting my class but then suddenly I hear my name, so I go up and they tell me that I have to fight.
My training was with all kicks, low, middle, high. The class where they put me had no low kicks. This sucked because because my kicking is bad. I worked hard on my low kicks and this was my game plan.
They call me and I see my opponent, was a big guy. I'm 77 kg ( 169 lbs) and this guy was about 120 kg ( 269 lbs). They put me in this strange beginner group up to heigh, not by weight. Because they hadn't enough people. So I see this big guy and have just a split decision if I fight or maybe don't have a fight at all this day. I say to may coach, I'm standing there, I fight. Screw that. I had no idea how skilled the other one was, just know he was a way more massive. Bring it on!

When the fight started I moved flexible with my strategy, be smooth, flexible, push kicks, punches, slide in and out. Then the guy simple push me, wasn't a hit, was really a push me away and I fall. My mind went total up, focus without see and notice anything from outside. Thinking: You don't push me around, you got the wrong one big fella. So I start to stand more grounded, more stable and go in. I fight him hard and gave him a hell of a fight. In this situation I forget to move to the side, forget to move in and out and since push kicks and side kicks are not for me, I forget them too. Anyway my pressure pay of and I cripple him. This was mostly by his own mistake. Still at the end he win, I lose. Was close and I consider it unfair consider the weight difference and how I did fight. He won by points, I won on the street. lol
One of his muscles get ruptured. He will remember this for a long time. The expression on his face also showed some shock over the fight. Seems like he one of those fighters that did get away by there pure mass in the training. For sure I'm the wrong guy to push around, even when you are bigger and stronger, I fight back!

Anyway after the fight I was only happy to gave him hell and not consider the point system at all. The day after my mind was more clear about all the errors. Score with push kicks, doge, side movements to change the angle and attack again. Only a few things that I can do I did apply. The state of my mind was strange, no up and down of emotion, only a strange focus and all thinking ability was gone. Therefore the things I could have done I didn't. Still proud to do such a thing with 35 years old, stand my ground against a way bigger one, take lessons that fighting bigger ones direct isn't smart and that for the future my mind keeps in an active focus to apply my game plan.

Awesome. Props, man. Doesn't matter if you lost even if the guy had been your size, you did something that 99% of guys don't have the balls to do.

I'm about 9 months into BJJ and kickboxing, training BJJ 3-4x and kickboxing 1-2x most weeks, feel like I'm getting a lot better at BJJ but it's sometimes hard to tell as it's a pretty small gym (maybe 15-20 regular students, typically 4-6 in class on any given night) and other than one guy who started at the same time I did and who is usually a fairly even match when we roll there actually isn't anyone who regularly comes in who doesn't have at least a year or so of experience on me. Want to do a competition and there are a few in my area coming up, will probably try to do one in the next few months.

On the kickboxing side, been sparring for about a month now--it's a hell of a lot of fun and still learning to get over the instinctive fear of getting hit and focusing on technique (both offensive and defensive). There's also no better release from a day of staring at a fucking computer screen and dealing with a globohomo corporate job than beating the fuck out of a heavy bag, especially if you leave work early to go do it.

I got my Magnum condoms, I got my wad of hundreds, I'm ready to plow!

Messages In This Thread