rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Older players (Mid 30s & 40+), Advice for 25yo

Older players (Mid 30s & 40+), Advice for 25yo

Quote: (04-09-2019 09:54 PM)Eddie Winslow Wrote:  

I just turned 32 yesterday, and I already feel too old to give you decent life advice.

The world is so much different from even 10 years ago, and its continuing to change so insanely fast that A+ advice now may be obsolete in 2-3 years. Some shit I learned at 27 is already totally useless

I will say this - I’ve been a straight up disciple of this forum since late 2011. I’ve followed the contradictory advice of banging a bunch of girls with no remorse, but demanding a conservative mother-of-my-children type girl for a relationship. I quit a super solid career to try a super risky startup business, which had incredible highs but failed spectacularly and had me on the verge of suicide, but taught me a ton. I’ve gone through long down periods in the past few years of living alone in the suburbs and doing nothing but working out, going to work, and drinking alone, wondering who’s life advice was really the best, and what I did wrong.

No one in your family, none of your friends, and certainly no RVF interenet strangers know what’s best for you. No one cares about your hopes and dreams besides YOU. Do whatever makes you happy, whether it is dating one girl or ten, or none. Marry a dude and adopt a bunch of puppies that are HIV positive, no one fucking cares. I certainly don’t.

Try logging off the forum for a couple weeks and try your hardest to imagine YOUR ideal lifestyle, whatever that is. Then determine the steps to get there and get to work. Fuck everyone else.

Just don’t get fat - I’m 95% certain that advice will still be considered good in three years.

Fuck, this is probably the one of best advice that I received so far.
Thank you, really appreciate it.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

Messages In This Thread