rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it unethical to have a "starter girlfriend"?

Is it unethical to have a "starter girlfriend"?

What, you're asking if it's unethical to carry on a monogamous relationship for a few weeks or months? I'm struggling to understand the question here.

It's not unethical in itself unless you're promising some kind of eternal love for her while cheating behind her back over a sustained period. This kind of serial monogamy is what people do these days, for better or worse. I don't suppose anyone really thinks that carousel-riding women intend to carry through every relationship they get into.

I feel deeply ambivalent about this because I believe this kind of thing to be harmful both for society and for the souls of the individuals in the long run, but I'm not going to wait for society to change just for little old me. One can either compromise, or adhere to higher standards and refuse to partake.

However, I have been in this boat as well, and I do think it's a double-edged sword that can wreak havoc on your self-esteem. So much compromise and duplicity ultimately stems from bad self-esteem and shitty scarcity mindset. Say you're dating someone in the 5-6 range and after a year, you're still not getting even the slightest look in at anything better. How quickly the compromise can then become a trap. To avoid that, better do as described above.

Messages In This Thread