rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

London

London

Quote: (04-03-2019 08:19 PM)thedonald Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2019 01:22 PM)waughcraft Wrote:  

I'm in late 20s now - I went to a reputable UK university, but when I applied to Central London corporate careers, I had tons of job application rejections from MNCs (imagine getting rejected at the 4th interview stage and your time to prepare the interview was wasted?) followed by ugly office politics for my past 2 to 3 full time jobs.

Do you think being Asian made it more difficult to get a job? I'm Hapa and look young and only recently started to applying for jobs and getting quite a few rejections after the first / second interviews. One company even said they thought I was a bit timid, which is hilarious as I'm the complete opposite and probably the loudest there.
Quite oppositely, I think being East Asian actually gives you a slight edge in finding a job in the corporate world in Central London, whether it's for solicitor trainee, IT analyst, investment banker, management consultant, risk analyst, accountant etc... because I think East Asians have the reputation of working hard, and statistically British Chinese earn the most compared to others

The best thing to do is to apply for foreign MNCs because they tend to be quite ethnically diverse. Avoid domestic MNCs because from middle management onwards it's usually white British, but there are exceptions (from my previous work experience). I think it's more a cultural thing - like if you have been "whitewashed" (not in a negative way but lack of a better word lol) then it's easier

However, I think creative industries favor the blacks more than Indians and Chinese given the over-representation of blacks as lead actors in numerous UK TV shows.

Messages In This Thread