rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eddie W's 10-week Hardcore Snake-Diet Cut

Eddie W's 10-week Hardcore Snake-Diet Cut

Quote:Quote:

Get it Brother! I’m interested to see how the diet interacts with strength gains and general physical well-being (fatigue and recovery and all that sort of thing). I’ve used the Rapid Fat Loss diet to great success in the past (there’s a thread on here about it); however it isn’t a sustainable lifestyle as the SBD seems to be.

Now, are you focusing on “full-body weight training” or “full body-weight training” - i.e. free weights or calisthenics? Or both?

I'll be doing a barbell/dumbell routine focusing on compound lifts and excellent form. I'll be lifting basically every day, so it will be important to avoid going to failure.

Quote:Quote:

1- It won´t get you ripped (below 12% bodyfat)
2- You will lose a lot of muscle mass, and if you don´t understand dieting, you´ll gain bodyfat when you try to get it back
3- It can be hard and exhausting

So here´s my 2 cents:

Use it until you stagnate (12-15% bf level).
In order to recover muscle mass without raising your bf, use leangains style of dieting (16 hours fasted/ 8 hour feeding window) in the following way: eat at a caloric surplus and train every other day.
In workout days, go keto with max 50g carbs.
In rest days, eat about 45-55% carbs, 150-200g protein and a little fat.
This is counterintuitive, but you will need both complete rest and carbs to make you grow your muscles back.
Don´t worry about getting fat. If you keep your caloric surplus at 500-800 kcals per day and respect the 16 hour fast/8 hour feeding window you will gain fat free muscle and your bf level will remain the same (incredible, i know, but it works).
One more thing: make sure you get adequate sleep and change your training routine every week! Yes, every week, or else your body will adapt and your muscles won´t grow.

I did experience some strength and muscle loss in my first go at it, but compared to the fat loss I had, it was totally worth it. I will also be taking my lifting very seriously this time around.

I will revisit my macro requirements once I get down to ~12% BF. I'm probably around 17% right now.

Messages In This Thread