rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any experience with CBD?

Any experience with CBD?

Okay, time to throw my hat in the ring. A large part of my current occupation revolves around CBD. We're undertaking clinical research right now, and I can't disclose too much but here's what I can tell you. I should also note that I am not medically qualified to give any advice, so take what you see here with a grain of salt. I also consider myself a cannabis/hemp enthusiast, and regularly use both CBD and THC, so I am biased.

IS CBD A FAD?

Firstly, CBD is not a gimmicky fad. I consider myself skeptical by nature, and I always make my conclusions based on empirical data, not observation alone. The data I have seen supports CBD as having real medicinal value. The Federal Government and FDA agree with me, considering they approved Epidiolex, a CBD based product that helps treat seizures for early onset seizures in June of last year.

What types of CBD are there?

There are several types of CBD oil on the market (including ours). There's two different kinds: Full Spectrum, and CBD Isolate. There are numerous different cannabinoids that are derived from the Hemp (Cannabis Sativa) plant besides just THC, CBD and CBN. There's around 110 that I can think of. Full Spectrum contains CBD, THC, CBN and the other cannabinoids.

Usually it's under .3% in order to comply with federal regulations stemming from the farm bill, but not always. I've seen other companies get in trouble with this. CBD isolate on the other hand is a more expensive product (which is what ours is) considering getting the CBD isolate and then having it 3rd party panel tested is expensive.

However, true CBD isolate has none of the other cannabinoids found in full spectrum, so it is less risky with the current grey area that we are operating in. It also will not make you test positive on a drug test, if that is what you are worried about.

How should you take CBD?

There are a couple of different ways to take CBD, whether that's oral, sublingual, inhalation, or topical. Which one you use will depend on the following:

1: What are you trying to treat?
2: What is your price threshold?
3: How quickly do you want your CBD to work?

If you have specific questions about that, ask them here, because I could write a small novel on the choice of treatment method. In fact, if any of y'all have questions on CBD, I would be happy to answer those to the best of my ability.

What can CBD do for you?

That said - CBD isn't one of those cure all panaceas. What we have found so far supports the following:

1: It improves sleep duration and sleep quality
2: It reduces anxiety in humans, cats, and dogs.
3: Applied topically over a period of a month, it can be effective for treating mild aches.
4: CBD can be used to quickly recover from an overdose of THC (IE a concentrated form of THC gone wrong)
5: It can reduce joint pain and inflammation when used orally, topically, sublingually, and vaporized/smoked.
6: It is great for migraines.
7: It MAY aid in relaxation.

What strength CBD should I use?

This depends heavily on which dosage method you use. For most people with average aches and pains, somewhere between 500mg-1000mg of CBD in a 30 day MCT tincture is more than enough. Again, it really depends on your pain.

Whereas if you take capsules, you probably want to opt for closer to 1500mg for a 30 day supply. There's also water soluble CBD, which has its own dosage rules.

The key is to monitor your pain over time. It takes several weeks for CBD to help treat your pain - so give it time and record your results. Right now we are still studying the dose-pain response threshold and what you need to treat each different condition.

Where to find CBD?

Now, the tricky part is identifying what you're actually getting. CBD is still in the grey area nationally, even though the passage of the Farm Bill has most experts claiming it's legal and that there should be no challenge to it at the Federal level, as long as it's grown from Hemp that is less than .03%.

Right now, the majority of people I personally know try to buy their CBD from Amazon. Beware. Many of these are not CBD, but Hemp Seed Oil. While Hemp Seed Oil is great, Hemp seeds contain only trace amounts of the cannabinoids that you need to have a demonstrable effect with your endocannabinoid system. Even on regular websites, some are still being cautious about their label. For instance, the Stanley Brothers (the guys who created Charlotte's Web, one of the most famous CBD strains) label their packaging Hemp Extract.

For the layman, the following are code-words for CBD:

Whole Hemp Extract, Hemp Extract, Hemp Isolate, Hemp Derived Cannabidol.

Anything that claims to be CBD but uses Hemp Seed Oil is full of shit. Don't buy those unless you want Hemp Seed Oil.

Who do I trust for CBD?

Obviously my first choice is going to be my company, because I can personally verify the data. Not going to post that here for security reasons, but if you PM me we can talk about it. We are releasing our newest line of products next Monday. If you want to support the launch I can hook you up with some sweet discounts if you're well vetted by the community here. THAT SAID:

Other than my company, companies like Charlotte's Web and Greenroads are pretty good. I personally do not think they compare to the products we are doing R&D on, but for the majority of people these two brands have what you'll need.

What has been my personal experience on CBD?

I'll keep it short: you will probably notice a rather significant improvement in your pain or anxiety if you use CBD daily in a strong enough dose over a period of a month.

I don't experience either, but CBD is also great for resetting me when I smoke too much, or when I'm experimenting making edibles and it goes awry. I use a 3000mg CBD tincture administered sublingually (which evidence supports as more effective compared to just oral administration).

If you guys have any other CBD questions please ask away, and I will try my best to answer them. I'd be remiss if I didn't help you guys out with this one.

Messages In This Thread