rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

Quote: (03-11-2019 11:54 AM)Off The Reservation Wrote:  

Quote: (03-11-2019 09:55 AM)Isaac Jordan Wrote:  

Anyone have advice on landing (non-paid) speaking gigs or getting in front of large audiences?

I'm something of an expert on a rather niche subject (directly related to my work), and aside from word-of-mouth recommendations my best way to acquire new clients has been presentations/speaking gigs. I spend half an hour or so teaching about my field and almost always have a few people approach me afterward, many of whom soon become clients.

I've done local rotary clubs, alumni groups, informal university lectures, etc., again mostly via word-of-mouth (as in a current client recommends me to their group). I seem to have maxed out my personal network though, and I'm trying to figure out how to go about advertising myself as a speaker. I don't charge anything to speak, it's all simply an opportunity to educate attendees about my field and allow them to approach me if interested in my services.

Any recommendations? My first thought was to create a list of local organizations likely to want speakers (such as rotary clubs) and basically cold call to offer my services, but I'm interested if anyone here has dealt with something similar.

Whenever you get a conference invitation in your industry reply to them and ask do you need a speaker on xyz subject.

PM me!

Also, there are companies who solicit lecturers. you bring the material, they do the BizDev. Their cut is usually a big one (percentage wise). Look those up as well by searching for lecturers.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Messages In This Thread