rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How are you guys making $$$

How are you guys making $$$

Quote: (02-27-2019 01:07 AM)10hammer Wrote:  

For making solid money and getting paid to travel, I'd recommend jobs in strategic sourcing.

Almost all product-based companies have positions in this (consumer electronics, industrial equipment, automotive, etc). Basically any big manufacturer is so globally integrated now, that they all have suppliers and contract manufacturers around the world (especially China) and they need people to manage it all.

I'v been doing this for about 7 years. Currently working for a consumer electronics company with all of our contract manufacturing in Asia (too small of a world to name the company here). Work sends me to China about 3 times per year to meet with suppliers, deal with problems, etc. Then after wrapping up a couple weeks of work, I typically take a week of vacation time while over there.
By tagging a vacation on to each work trip, I've been to China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and Japan.

If you search for jobs in "strategic sourcing" you will see a lot of this kind of stuff. Typically any kind of engineering or business background will get you in the door. The pay is usually pretty good, but the real value is in the connections you make (i.e. rich factory owners in Asia).

It's not a fully location-independent or self-employed gig, but I call it the "high paid waiting room" while I work on a side hustle [Image: wink.gif]

Just my $.02 here, hopefully this helps someone on the forum!

You don't really give any clues on how to break into such an industry.

Messages In This Thread