rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Inside/Outside Sales Datasheet

Inside/Outside Sales Datasheet

Zero Black.

Its called the 80/20 rule. 20 % of the sales people make 80% of the money. Being thick skinned enough to handle rejection. Overcoming objections that most sales guys cower to. And having a tenacious work ethis are essential atributes. When you add in the remote aspect which requires self starting and saying no to distractions an aditional 80% of sales guys that can sell in a structured environment, fail when working remotely.

Sales is alot like game. Infact before I learned and started practicing gaming women I was a succsessfull sales proffesional and usually outperformed sales teams of 30+ closers. I just never transferred the skillset to women. Once I made the connection wvwrything was downhill from there and my life got a hell of alot better!

I wouldn't take this post too seriously.

He's right about the 80/20 rule. 20% of salespeople that take the right steps, choose the right industry and a company with a game changing product, make 80% of the money.

If you dick around in B2C, door to door sales, startups, etc then yeah, most guys won't make shit except the top performers.

Selling shouldn't be incredibly difficult. It's picking a company that people want to talk to, with good marketing, inbound leads, brand name, being persistent, and applying some pressure for the close.

I don't even look at companies where more than 10-20% of reps are making less than 200k. It's setting myself up for failure.

Being a good salesperson is important. What's more important is choosing the right industry (tech or medical device) and the right product.

I can take the top 20 salespeople from enterprise tech with seven figure W2s and put them in a 1099 gig selling life insurance and they won't break 50k. Those 20 salespeople got to where they are because of solid skills, but mostly because of applying their talent in the right place at the right time.

"You'll make the most money in sales" is potentially the worst career advice of all time because it doesn't differentiate between the guy selling you your cell phone plan or your Nissan and the guy who sold $300 million of IBM mainframes to one of the largest companies in the world.

Everyone should consider themselves fortunate that I'm here telling you the difference, because early in my career I didn't have that guidance and spent too much time in low paying shit thinking that I'd be the 1% making a killing.

Messages In This Thread