rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What really makes a Youtube channel successful?

What really makes a Youtube channel successful?

Quote: (02-13-2019 06:45 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  

If you're selling a product or service, as I am, what is considered a good view-to-click (to link in description) rate? Right now mine is almost 0.

I have a call to action in every video, and a link in the descriptions. I don't understand why no one wants to click on that link, even out of sheer curiosity.

Sometimes I think that maybe almost none of my viewers are potential customers (they just like watching videos), and sometimes I think maybe I'm not doing something right, as in enticing them to watch the whole thing and click that damn link. It's not easy to know which it is.

My average watch time for most videos is pretty low, which is not good because my call to action is at the end. I've tried using so many different keywords that relate to my content and which surely would be used by my potential customers, but nothing seems to work.

I think the click to view ratio is very low. I tried an affiliate link in YT video description strategy for a product that was selling very well on a website I have once, but it was on a very small YT channel. The biggest video was getting about 20-30 views/day and after one year I had exactly 0 sales. I couldn't see how many clicks I got, just where the referral came from if there was a sale and there were none from the YouTube link.

I think most people who get people to click on something are doing product review or comparison videos with a link to the products in the description. It's against YouTube terms of use to make videos with the objective of getting people to leave YouTube, but they seem to think this is kosher. While you may see lots of videos with links to other stuff, if they ever get big the video or the channel gets deleted.The one exception is that you are allowed to specify a website and social media links to your channel on the About page. It's OK to link to those in the video descriptions.

People go to YouTube to watch videos. So your strategy needs to be built around content. If you want to make money on YT I know two ways. You either try to get as big a channel as possible and make money from ads or you use YouTube as part of a bigger strategy to promote something.

If you want to drive people to some link, you should have a website and a Facebook page (or instagram depending on the product). Then YT and FB can help promote the website, plus people are more likely to click your website link than some random affiliate link, especially if it looks like an affiliate link. Then you can share/embed YT videos in your website and social media. Finally you advertise on FB and drive them to your FB page where the YT videos are embedded and you also have links to your website and your products. Some people (maybe most) think facebook ads should link to a website. I never do that, I always link to the facebook page.

That's really cutting the strategy down to the chase and if there are 4 ways to do each one of these things, maybe 3 of them don't work, but when done correctly each channel supports another, you get economies of scale from ad dollars and the whole thing works.

Messages In This Thread