rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Definite Erasmus Datasheet

The Definite Erasmus Datasheet

In my experience Erasmus really depends on the city you are doing it in.

I had a lot of experience with Erasmus, did my own in Athens, lived before in a small Erasmus city in Bavaria and this year hung out with some of the Erasmus people in England.

First of all, number of Erasmus students is important. If there are only 30-80 Erasmus people and everyone knows each other well, there will be less random fucking around than in a group of hundreds of students. Thats why I would recommend a bigger city or at least medium city to do it.

Secondly, the people get younger and younger while you are getting older. In my frist experience, I was the youngest and people were in average between 22 and 27 years old, in my own Erasmus I was above average when people were in average 20-23, recently I found the group to be 19-22 years old. As the thread opener reported, after time it gets lame and its not easy to motivate yourself to do the same stuff over and over again, especially when you are at home. Thats why even local ESN people change almost every semester. I remember that during my own Erasmus I really developed some emotional relationships to people while this feels more difficult now. Erasmus people are all the same, having the same stories, motivations, ambition (mostly none, haha) and just differ in their nationalities.

I can only confirm the relationship finding one has made, even though it depends on what you expect. While there are always exceptions, most of Erasmus girls are the pretend-to-be-a-good-girl in their home country and then slutting around abroad. I went into a LTR at my very end of Erasmus, keeping a distance relationship for almost 1.5 years. We made the mistake of considering it a serious thing. I realized at some point it just wasnt possible with that type of girl. Has cost me loads of money, nerves, and trust in women's ability to develop a character, but also brought me great times with one of the most beautiful girls Ive ever seen in reality - so if you see it as an adventure, give it a go.

I would also recommend to mix up with local people. None of the other Erasmus people will do it (beside some chicks who can tell their best friends home about their hot lovers Federico, Andrea or Nikos) and just as in travelling, you get to know more of their culture, habids thinking, etc. When I meet Greek people today I can connect to them pretty easily not because I was living in their country, but because I know their mindset and humour.

Messages In This Thread