rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.

Yes, they do have. Wild turkey is awesome, together with wild geese. But you can also use domestic ones. Feathers need to be much bigger than your intended fletching, which is about 3" minimum in length for average arrow. So one could say you should pick 10" long feathers that have that "thick" and springy feel under your fingers.

For example, I ordered wild geese feathers on ebay from China that were supposed to be 10" long. But they came out shorter and very soft (thin and very non springy under finger). Even though I knew what would happen, I made a few arrows for the experiment, to see the process first hand. Results were like I said predictable in the way that aerodynamic properties of the arrow in flight were greatly reduced. But in the end, it's better than the bare shaft.

P.S.
Are you talking about chickens or are you using some generic term for bigger size poultry?

Messages In This Thread