rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.

^ My view? Gold is an absolute minefield. There are more contracts to deliver gold now than there exists gold above ground in the entire world. Possibly more than there is gold in the world even below ground.

If you could get your hands on the physical stuff, obviously that would be far different. That is something that will likely hold value during a time when fiat currency is worthless (in fact it's fascinating how gold has maintained a relatively stable value when measured against items like non-fiat currency, such as a nice suit for a man). I've looked into it and it was beyond my abilities to understand without devoting more time than I was prepared to in order to do so.

Physical silver and copper coins are the more realistic item of opportunity to get your hands on. I'm currently saving up to buy a few. The obvious issues are that they are still expensive although not as much as gold (silver in particular), they will take up a fair amount of space compared to cash, and be a potential target for theft. However, a modest amount to squirrel away makes sense.

I agree you shouldn't go all in against the current financial system. This is a contingency plan and something a hope NEVER happens, nothing more.

Messages In This Thread