rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bribing & Greasing Hands in the third world

Bribing & Greasing Hands in the third world

Quote: (12-01-2018 01:37 PM)yankeetravels Wrote:  

Quote: (12-01-2018 12:27 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I once had to bribe airport security in Manila with a carton of cigarettes to get onto a flight to Bangkok, you can read that full story here, part one is on the first page of that thread, it was a crazy few days.

Oh god yea, your stories on Manila's airport sound crazy. There used to be a bullet scam over there too a couple years after you wrote your carton story where people had to pay airport security a bribe to not put in false charges. Manila airport has to be the worst and the most unorganized, poorly designed airport I dealt with in my travels.

Yeah that fucking bullet scam, I heard a lot about it when I was in the phils.

I can't imagine the accusation going very far though, when googling "manila bullet scam" brings back 200k search results. I am guessing that maybe it would escalate to the complicit corrupt manager of the corrupt guy trying to extort you and then no further.

Like Scotian mentioned above, sometimes a threat to call the US embassy gets you out of these situations.

I've even made up shit like that I am a US Diplomat and that I will call my "on the ground lawyer & security team" to come "assist me" in the situation. Obviously be careful when saying these things, but it has worked before.

Another #protip: whenever you travel to a new country specially in the third world it's a good idea to store the local emergency number of your country's embassy. If you do end up in jail somehow, your country's embassies may be able to get you out and assist you. Have the numbers ready saved in your phone or even written down and in your wallet.

Messages In This Thread