rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Inside/Outside Sales Datasheet

Inside/Outside Sales Datasheet

Quote: (12-01-2018 07:46 PM)ChicagoFire Wrote:  

Updating this.

My background: Been working for years in deadend low paying jobs with lots of shitheads. Even if I make 50K base salary that would be massive.

So far I applied to about 20 companies so far in a variety of industries (logistics, medical, finance, etc). Got 2 phone interviews. Currently 0-20. I'm waiting to hear back from one company in a couple days. Yes, I know I have to apply more per day. The way I see it is the more interviews I fail the better I will get. That's just what sales is, interviewing every day. I change my approach by self reflecting because face it companies don't care if you had an abusive childhood or got out of the military they want to see if you will hit your quota or waste their time.

What OP hasn't gone over is there are demo salesmen that travel around. This might be an option for some of the people that have voices that are monotone like me. Flip side is you will be competing with hot women. My current plan is to get at least 6 months of experience in any kind of sales company and then transition into medical devices sales. From there I might either self employ or climb the corporate ladder.

Knowing another language or two obviously will help. As I type this I'm in the process of relearning another language, on the fence about either buying a book or listening to podcasts. Also ordered the Can't Teach A Kid To Ride A Bike book.

Seems like you might be in or near Chicago. Have you looked into software sales gigs out there? Sure it might not be Silicon Valley, but Chicago does have one of the hottest IT business sectors of any of the Midwest cities at least.

Messages In This Thread