rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

AcftW’s Progress Thread

AcftW’s Progress Thread

Quote: (11-14-2018 12:11 AM)Repo Wrote:  

I've pinched a nerve and also felt a disc shift a bit doing heavy deadlifts a while back. My entire left leg went tingly and I couldnt bend down for like a week. I think 99.9% is a bit of an exaggeration. Maybe 80%?

I also slipped a disc just looking at that pic! Just kidding, that's some serious weight bro.

I'd wager that whatever spinal injury you experienced was likely pre-existing and deadlifts just exasperated it, or your form was so wacky and you were doing so much more weight than you should have been doing that you compacted something just from holding the weight while standing up (this phenomenon explains why ActfW experienced sciatic while doing rack pulls as doing that you can have more weight pulling on your vertically than you can actually handle).

Not saying you are full of shit, but I suspect the issue was possibly initially caused by something else as it just doesn't make sense mechanically when you look at your body's movement in the deadlift and where the load is. If you already have bulging disc(s) then heavy deadlifts certainly aren't going to help.

I've hurt my back twice deadlifting, but both times it was just me pulling a muscle in my lumbar area.

Messages In This Thread