rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Krav Maga, Jujitsu or Muay Thai

Krav Maga, Jujitsu or Muay Thai

Quote: (12-18-2012 08:27 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Whatever happened to JJJ, Japanese Jiu Jitsu? When I was younger I found a school that taught that and loved it. This was back when the only options were Karate, Tae Kwondo and Judo. We got good ol Japanese self discipline and respect beaten into us with the throws and holds of BJJ plus weapon fighting, strikes and horrible stuff like eyes, throat and groin strikes or just where to bite down if you found yourself in a certain lock. I techniques were effective when I got to use them but the discipline was probably the most effective part for molding my character and confidence. Do places teach that anymore?

That's a real good question. It got diluted and westernized into Blow Job Job.

Anyway, I wouldn't lock into a single martial art, sports or otherwise.

Be like Bruce Lee (real, not movie Bruce Lee). Try several styles in your life and pick out what compliments your attitude, body type, environment and general interests. Focus on the "hard" and energetic styles when you're young and get as flexible as you can while you can!

When you get older, focus on the softer arts especially since you can't, and SHOULDN'T train too hard if you value the physical condition of your body.

Most of all have fun and stay playful... experiment, question things - in your head, otherwise people get upset or confrontational and think you're attacking their ego rather than the ideas and techniques [Image: wink.gif]

Messages In This Thread