rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

AcftW’s Progress Thread

AcftW’s Progress Thread

Quote: (11-08-2018 12:09 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Beaaast. You finding these heavy hypers having a big carryover to your deadlift?

Thanks! It’s difficult to say, as it’s been so long since I tried pulling from the floor. I do think it’s making up for me NOT deadlifting though, in terms of physique. The most I can find someone lifting on YouTube is Pete Rubish (the inspiration for me starting them) and he’s doing a 1 rep hyper with 455 I think. He’s also got a 900+ deadlift, which probably carries over to the hypers, but I doubt much the other way around.

I think people usually just stop at 1 plate in their hands and don’t really push the exercise to the limit.

Quote: (11-08-2018 06:00 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

Sick! That's really awesome, Bro! Very impressive, but are you concerned there is gonna be a price to pay later? I can't imagine this being good for your spine in the long term.

On a side note, do you have Netflix? There is a new documentary out on/with Ronnie Coleman. Cleverly titled "Ronnie Coleman: The King" lol. I used to love watching him as a teen. 8-time Mr. Olympia like Lee Hainy, but much bigger. You should check it out. It's very inspiring, but he is super fucked up health-wise (still lifts heavy 6 times/week). It was very interesting and he's just a super role model IMHO. Highly recommend the movie.

Haha, it’s funny you say that because I was actually wearing my Ronnie Coleman “Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don’t nobody want to lift no heavy-ass weight” shirt in that pic.

I don’t watch much TV actually, don’t have Netflix. If I get the chance I’ll check it out though!

Messages In This Thread