rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guide to building a burner laptop and TAILS OS

Guide to building a burner laptop and TAILS OS

Some good tips and some misinformation in this post. I'll address the latter:

Quote: (10-17-2018 03:21 AM)BadBoyGamer Wrote:  

Be prepared to throw away your burner laptop. That is why it is called "burner". Do not use it longer than about 1 year.

Still seeing no justification for using a "burner laptop" when Tails in it's normal usecase is run on an amnesic USB.

Quote:Quote:

Quote: (02-26-2016 12:49 AM)Thoughtcrime Wrote:  

I appreciate the effort here, but wouldn't it be easier to just run the OS in a VM?

No. It offers no added security. Do not connect to internet from home.

Running Tails in a VM definitely offers more security because it's now in a sandbox. However Tails is built for use on a USB so it can be an amnesic OS i.e. there are no traces of Tor Browser use on your filesystem.

Quote:Quote:

Quote: (03-10-2016 08:02 AM)joost Wrote:  

You can download and use TOR Browser instead of having the hassle of installing TAILS.

When you connect to TOR the security agencies put you on a "special list". Your name will be marked, permanently. You never know what that might mean in the future.

What? Tails uses Tor, so that would still happen.

And you've just assumed there it provides no anonymity whatsoever, which if so why bother using it?

Messages In This Thread