rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Using Airbnb to make money

Using Airbnb to make money

Quote: (10-16-2018 01:06 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Quote: (10-16-2018 10:06 AM)PrettyBoyAJ Wrote:  

My main issue is finding an apartment complex that is going to allow me to sublease. Every apartment complex is basically telling me no. My fear is that I rent out a place and do everything you’ve mentioned Bone and then getting evicted. I need to figure out a way I can still do this however.

The garden idea is a pretty good idea. How would I go about finding the owner of these apartments? Also I was wanting to focus on high end high rises for this.

No competent high rise apartment corporation or landlord is going to allow their unit to be subleased (posted on AirBNB, VRBO, etc). It's simply too much liability for them, especially if the guest does something and the other tenants sue the landlord. It creates a whole pandora's box of problems, the landlord won't know if there's a sex offender on the property because background check are only done on the people on the contract.....and AirBNBing a place will bring in more foot traffic which means you don't have a solid grasp of what's going in the building.

I removed my listing before the superbowl last year because my complex sent an complex-wide email saying anyone caught listing on AirBNB would be evicted immediately and remain on the hook for the contract (and breaking it). They had already the scraping service but wanted to give us a chance to stop doing it. The management could have kicked me out there and then but they were on cool terms with me.

An ex of mine tried doing the same with her home, and her landlord went crazy when he asked her. Too much liability for him, and he owns four-plex units.

The only way you can do this is to own the property. If it's a high rise make sure the HOA (or whatever you call it in a high rise) allows AirBNBing, many places don't even if you're the owner.

Thanks for your response. That sucks very much. So I'm guessing two years it was different and more people were able to rent out apartments and airbnb them out? Because I thought the whole idea behind this thread was leasing to rent the places out. Whats the new strategy here when it comes to not buying? I'm not looking to buy anything.

So Cattle I assume your not Airbnb anymore.

Messages In This Thread