rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Switching from Windows to Linux

Switching from Windows to Linux

Quote: (12-29-2016 06:53 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

My experience of Linux was basically that it turned an old, slow machine that Windows was fucking into a new, fast machine that now does 90 percent of what I wanted it to.

It's that 10 percent that gets annoying over time though.

For instance, last week I was on the road and had access to good wifi. I went to open a movie in Netflix for the first time on the laptop.

Nope.

How to remedy it? Don't bother. By the time you've done it your two hours to watch the movie is gone.

Small annoyances like that can get under my skin from time to time, but having said that at least the machine boots up in less than ten minutes and responds to commands in less than 60 seconds. And I'll put up with it, until I can afford a gaming level PC and then I'll bite the bullet and go to Windows 10.

As suggested elsewhere, make a bootable USB of Linux and try it out before you switch to it.

That's it!

You can literally buy a $35 machine on ebay that would be bogged down with windows and it is as fast as a new $1400 WorstBuy special.

Here's a hint. Search for the term in quotes "NO OS" on ebay and you will find nice machines for nothing. Linux ready.

Messages In This Thread