rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The realities of earning $10,000 + a month online or in business in general

The realities of earning ,000 + a month online or in business in general

Quote: (09-19-2018 01:13 AM)skptc Wrote:  

I think this thread could demotivate a lot of people.

I do online business I don't even have to get out of bed and make 12-15k in monthly personal income. It took me a few years to get to this stage but I didn't have to grind alone for 12+ hours a day. I basically worked a standard work day often times in the company of friends on the same journey.

This income is likely to last at least a few more years (business is still growing) and I will probably sell at some stage which should earn me around a 500k payday.

If you have to grind hard for several years to get to 10k a month it simply means you have chosen a difficult/low profit business model. The guys that I know grinding away and working much harder than me aren't doing it to make 10k a month... they are making 100-300k a month or building an asset that can be sold for 8+ figures.

Content based businesses are always difficult. I recommend selling information products, productized services, print on demand, branded eCommerce, high ticket dropshipping, software, affiliate marketing, lead gen (depending on where your proclivities lie).

I did say in my original post that this is just my experience with my own strengths and limitations.

It's impossible to compare two journeys - no two people, situations, the decisions they make, some of the luck they get along the way etc. are the same.

I did see in another reply you said it took you 4 years to save your capital working your military job. I'm not sure you used all of it - but I'd consider that part of your journey to add to your implementation stage.

I've done what I've done with no capital (only time) in 3 years. That was my choice.

That doesn't make me better.

It's just one example of probably 100's of variables that if you compare our journeys side by side, they would look extremely different.

I do think if you took an average guy off the street, who knows absolutely nothing about marketing or business, and knows no one. And, let's say he works an average job. He probably also has a lot of limiting beliefs/mindsets, a few shitty habits, and probably also is renting or living with his parents - and you said to him "tomorrow I want you to try to make 15k a month within the next 3 years" - the VAST majority are either not going to get past the first few months, let alone the first year, because there's so many changes (and some sacrifices) to make which can grind you down.

Even if it doesn't emotionally affect you (you don't go through depression etc.) - I know plenty of people that have come into online business, pumped 10, 20, 30 k into buying websites and/or content, links, courses, you name it, and haven't broken even - because they gave up or they just expected things to happen or they just followed the wrong people (or a number of other reasons).

I also know guys making in the millions and every single one of them at some stage has gone through bouts of feeling shitty or losing motivation. The most successful guy I know, making in the multiple of millions, is currently seeing a psychologist to deal with mental stuff that has resurfaced from BEFORE he started online business. He's an A type personality, super positive guy - I never would have known unless he told me.

Once again - I have no idea of your situation, who you met along the way (and when), what knowledge you got access to, what events you went to or what courses you took or what groups you joined, what your natural personality and problem solving level is etc.

But, you're definitely the exception if you got through it all completely without any major problems or challenges (even the ones you can't account for like personal health or problems with friends and family, and even breakups).

Good on you for making it work.

It's equally as important for people to read stories like yours as well as stories like mine - whether they fall somewhere in between, or more towards yours or my experience.

Messages In This Thread