rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The realities of earning $10,000 + a month online or in business in general

The realities of earning ,000 + a month online or in business in general

Quote: (09-18-2018 08:36 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Quote: (09-14-2018 04:12 AM)Luther Wrote:  

Like Roberto said, You can bank on $500 a day as a skilled tradesman. Time is your limiting factor, not marketing. If you’re good then you’ll have all the business you have time for, through word of mouth.
And scaling requires massive overhead with employees salaries, fleets of vehicles, a shop, tools to outfit several crews...
If you scale hard you may get caught when construction dips with the national and local economy.
By all means, learn a skilled trade, but it has limitations. I would do things as I’ve done... I work alone. I can make high five figures a year working on my own terms, taking whatever days off I want, and when I take off my tool pouch the day and it’s worries are over.

This is curiousity rather than criticism, but I'm interested to know where you get the $500 figure. Is that something you're seeing in your local market or is it a data derived number?

Its experience. It seems to always be what I end up making on a good day and what I've come to estimate when I'm estimating a price for a job. I'd could also say $40 per hour. If you want a data derived number... generally when estimating the cost to do a carpentry job, where I'm from, its standard to double the cost of materials plus ten percent. I used that formula long enough that I learned I was always making $500 a day, give or take.

Messages In This Thread