rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The realities of earning $10,000 + a month online or in business in general

The realities of earning ,000 + a month online or in business in general

Quote: (09-18-2018 01:06 AM)2 Cool 4 U Wrote:  

Quote: (09-13-2018 02:25 AM)GT777733 Wrote:  

As bad as a traditional job can be in terms of the monotony and feeling trapped and dealing with the politics - the one thing you know at the end of the day (unless you are in a performance based job and you aren't performing), is that you will definitely get paid for the work you put in.

But then one person is in control of your source of income, and can cut you off at the drop of a dime. And you have no money coming in until you find another job or start a business.

Every man (and person in general) needs to get to a point where they understand and accept three things about employment and finances:

1. You should have a savings fund (I suggest 10 to 20k) for emergencies such as health and unemployment related events that will tide you over in case you need to live off savings for a while

2. You should start working on a second stream of income today. Whether that is active (a side hustle) or passive (bank interest, investing, assets etc.), or both. Having one income stream is not wise the older you get

3. If you are put out of your job that easily - you are either in the wrong industry or you aren't valuable or skilled enough to your company. My advice would be to find an industry that you thrive in, you have some strengths in/you feel competent in, and you want to become really good at. Immerse yourself in that industry, up skill yourself as much as possible and push for really good results. If you get results in your job, it is insanely easy to get another job if you put these results on your CV/resume. Once I started doing this - I was never out of a job - I had companies competing to employ me. I should note though that I went through several different industries before finding marketing and business - so there can be a lot of failure involved before you reach this point

My three notes on the above are:

1. You can't go out and become really good at what you do or build up significant second streams of income over night. Like everything worth it in life - it takes time. So, have a long term mind set and be patient to see results

2. Sometimes a company can outsource entire departments overseas to cheap labor, or you really do just get unlucky with becoming unemployed. This is why picking the right industry (with lots of employment opportunities that you can go to if one goes bad), and becoming good at what you do is so important

3. Do you have to do what I said? Of course not. If you want to spend your time just counting down the clock at work and just getting by for average effort, and playing video games, watching movies/Netflix, travelling, chasing girls or doing other things with your time - that is a choice every man has the freedom to make himself. BUT, if you don't want to sacrifice and spending time doing things you don't want to do, you don't have right to complain when things don't go the way you want them to, or you never feel like life is turning out how you want it to.
Pick a balance that works for you, and live with the results.
It's not always one or the other too. Once you build up finances and experience and momentum with your career and money - you have minimised your risk going forward and you can spend more time doing things you really want to do as well

Messages In This Thread