rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Female Dynamic on the Supreme Court

The Female Dynamic on the Supreme Court

Quote: (03-26-2012 04:20 PM)tenderman100 Wrote:  

http://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_argumen...Monday.pdf

Wow. That was fast! Thank you very much for pointing out!

Quote:Quote:

Kagan is a lightweight --what has she really accomplished before being on the Supreme Court? Never a judge, never a scholar, never a successful practicing lawyer -- the worst kind of life form, an academic administrator.

Contrast her with, say, Roberts -- a gifted member of the Supreme Court bar, who even the clerks (who get jaded after just a few months) always made a point to watch.

In contrast to Kagan, Alito spent years on the bench, wrote hundreds of opinions. I have read some, and have also heard him speak. He is impressive.

The problem is that Alito wasn't made a Justice just because he was impressive. He was put there by Bush to support the Republican agenda. Same as Kagan was put there to support Democratic agenda. There are other issues with her (she seem to recuse herself in quite a lot of cases which make the split possible).

Still after Gonzales v. Raich I can't see how the SC could limit anything related to interstate commerce while being consistent with that ruling. If the Congress has the authority through the "interstate commerce" clause to regulate someone who cultivated six marijuana plants for personal use, then I don't see what cannot be considered "interstate commerce".

Quote:Quote:

Sotamayor may yet turn out all right given her level of judicial experience, but the minute she became the "wise Latina" (ugh!!)...well, she has a lot of ground to make up.

Made me thinking that this phrase received much more news coverage than it deserved.

Messages In This Thread