rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Female Dynamic on the Supreme Court

The Female Dynamic on the Supreme Court

So I just finished listening to day 1 oral arguments on Obamacare --

http://www.scotusblog.com/2012/03/audio-...-argument/

This argument was about the so-called "standing" issue -- that is, could you in fact bring a case before a court contesting a tax (assuming that the penalty for not buying health insurance, a central part of the Obamacare, is IN FACT a tax, but not a penalty).

Anyway, what was interesting were not the arguments -- the court's going to decide this anyway -- but the dynamic of the females on the court -- Ginsberg, Sotamayor, and Kagan.

At one point, the three of them started speaking at the same time. Roberts, the bemused father, has to step in to let Ginsburg to go first.

That Sotamayor is a pompous harridan. At one point toward the end she is interrupting one of the lawyers, who is running out of time to make a point, and he has to ask "May I finish the thought?" Roberts says "go ahead" -- again, acting in a necessarily paternal fashion.

It was great to see her slammed down, and by a member of the bar, no less.

I think it is no accident that Ginsberg seems the most pleasant of the three -- apparently devoted to her late husband, and children, her career aspirations in her earlier years took a back seat to her family. Contrast that with the celibate Sotamayor or the lesbian Kagan, feminist career-women in the worst sense. Kagan is a classic example of an intellectual lightweight maneuvering adroitly in the purely political realm of academia and leftist politics.

Messages In This Thread