rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Don't Bang Hawaii - Datasheet

Don't Bang Hawaii - Datasheet

Quote: (08-07-2016 08:18 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (08-03-2016 07:06 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2016 06:38 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2016 12:52 PM)zatara Wrote:  

I dunno man, if you're 40 years old[1] and you can't afford to spend $5 on a beer you might need to re-evaluate life slightly I would have thought. And/or if you have nothing better in your life to spend money on other than "gay shit and beer".
If you read some of my other posts, I've drunk beers on 5 continents. I like to travel, and while I'm there, I drink beer. If seeing the world and drinking beer is not your own idea of how to spend your cash, then that's fine. Enjoy yourself in your own way while I spend my earnings to see nice things.

But I love beer, and I like cheap beers. And I like drinking beers while seeing some great-ass mountains or a fabulous river or beach. If the beers are 50 cents, I'm a fan. If the beers are 5 bucks, then fuck that place. No doubt Hawaii is beautiful. But I can see the same nice shit in another country and not spend $100 a day on beer.

If that makes me a loser, I'm ok with it. Cheers.

Wow you really do like beer. You should check out Asia sometime. Cheap and excellent beers can be found in Thailand, China, and Japan. Suits might even be able to point you in the direction of good beer in China, but he prefers craft brews. I found good beers the Chinese copied from German beers inside the small cities myself and they were the equivalent of 10 cents USD. Tasted really good too, drank a whole case in one day.

I don't care for Chinese beer. I drank it happily for my first two years in China, but it all started tasting very low quality to me. The first beer I drank was in Japan, Asahi. I still like that. German influence, but crisper. I don't like German made beer, I find it dull and simplistic, but some Japanese versions do really hit the spot.

My dislike for Chinese beer coincided with my experimentation with a wider variety of beer choices. I'd do a semester or a year in China and then move back to the US for more schooling there.

I could go to a Meijer location in Michigan and choose individual beer bottles from the massive selection available, so I tried a lot of different options.

When I was in China the first couple times I had limited experience with beer and I'd just drink what was commonly available, which at that point was Qingdao.

Qingdao comes in different varieties. It used to be that most places served a large bottle that tasted kinda skunky. Then there was a smaller bottle that was much crisper and better flavored. I still like to drink that from time to time now.

Qingdao stopped being the affordable beer of choice at some point between 2008 and 2010. They increased their pricing and tried to appeal to a higher end market. Now there are a few different contenders, with Yanjing being the strongest competitor, at least here in Beijing.

Generally now, I'll drink Belgium import beer, but in the last month, I've been living a life of reduced expenditure so that I can invest more money into developing my business, so I've been sticking to drinking Yanjing at home and it does the job. Not my preference, but for 3-4 RMB a bottle, it is a more budget friendly choice than paying 30-50 RMB for an import at the grocery store.

Suits drinking beer
[Image: url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&c...5243889432]

Messages In This Thread