rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Protein Shakes

Protein Shakes

Quote: (07-05-2018 01:30 PM)Nordwand Wrote:  

When I was at peak fitness 25 years ago, I used to have a protein drink at the gym after every training session, using products made by a company in the UK called Nutrisport, which was very much at the budget end. My opinion is that the law of diminishing returns kicks in very early with supplements, and that you can spend a hell of a lot more on your protein powders and the like for very little gain.

It's just protein. It's not like it's a pre-workout or a steroid or any kind of performance enhancing substance. It's not even creatine. Protein powder is just protein. The reason people eat is because it is a quick and easy way to get more protein into your daily diet without having to eat more. It's just convenient because a scoop of protein powder gives you about the same amount of protein as 4 ounces of chicken but its way cheaper and takes much less time to mix up some powder in a cup than it does to cook up a chicken breast.

Messages In This Thread