rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Playing catchup with social life compared to your peers, wondering whats right.

Playing catchup with social life compared to your peers, wondering whats right.

I think if you are starting college in your twenties, it depends a lot on the kind of school you are going after. What I would do is explore more regarding the school and its culture, in some cases you could legitimately fit in the with the social crowd there. Not as familiar with Canada and its college scene so you're better off asking the Canadian users on this forum about that.

Not to take this thread into a depressing direction but I've realized that all along, I just wanted to feel like I actually belong among a higher value group of people around my age. Even looking back at college, my social life wasn't absolutely horrendous but at the same time, I was never a part of the crews and social crowds which had the hot girls and fun shit going on. So even as I post this thread I feel like I am being a whiny bitch about my college days because the issue wasn't a difficulty making friends, I've had a few good friends from back in my college days. The issue all along was that I could not mix in with the crowds around my age I wanted to mix in with.

Ever since moving away from NYC (sure as hell want to move back soon), I moved into an apartment complex which has some college kids in it. One girl who is 19 has been giving me strong IOIs and even approached me once with her friends, she wanted to speak with me when I was out at a park nearby, realized I was her neighbor. I mean while I could smash, I just cannot imagine myself being an older guy that dates college girls or even spends time with them. The issue isn't them being vapid or anything like that, it is having that feeling of me being over 22 and mixing up with college kids and not people around my own age.

Yet at the same time I think if I had something like that in college how much happier I will be.

Moving on from the soapbox.....

I wonder if younger networking events in industries full of younger people are yet another way to meet some cool friends. Like I know it is networking but they are not your coworkers and a lot of them might just be in the same situation as you, if you hit it off, that could be something else worth looking into.

Something else I though of, why not nightgame at bars that attract younger crowds or better yet, get a side-job there? You could somehow, on a long enough timeline, build a decent network and some girls might introduce you to their friends or you meet great friends through them.

Trial and error though, trial and error.

Messages In This Thread